Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cumpleaños

Palabra del día: Cumpleaños
Translation: Birthday

Comida del día: Tartitas
AKA pancakes!  Sole made them for a great birthday breakfast this morning, and we ate them with fresh figs from her daughters garden.  "Tarta" is the word for cake, so "tartita" means little cake.

Foto del día: Me and my roommate at my birthday lunch.  Sole cooked salmon (my favorite) and a delicious chocolate cake!

This has been a great birthday so far!  In addition to so much good food, my host mom gave me a beautiful necklace.  And I'm going to continue to celebrate Spanish style tonight by going out for tapas with some new friends.  Tomorrow we have a two day field trip to Ronda and Sevilla, so I will be sure to fill you in on all of the details when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment