Sunday, September 1, 2013

College Student Goes to Spain

I hate to infect the internet with another site called "College Student Goes to Spain," but certain family members have expressed great enthusiasm at the prospect of reading my study abroad blog, and I wouldn't want to disappoint them!

Despite the fact that I've spent the past two weeks packing and preparing (although mostly napping due to my lingering case of mono), it's hard to believe that I'm leaving for Spain tomorrow.  I've somehow managed to fit all of my life's necessities into one rolling duffel bag, weighing in at a meager 46 pounds:



And then, of course, there's my french horn...navigating the airports tomorrow should be a breeze.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited, and I definitely am.  However, at the moment I've also convinced myself that the seven pairs of shoes that I just had to pack will make me stick out like a clueless American, that my host mom will feed me meals with meat hidden in strange places, and that my mono-plagued self will never be able to adjust to 10 pm tapas.  I'm guessing that I'll have no trouble adjusting to afternoon siestas, though!

Despite all of my pre-trip jitters, I'm looking forward to the new experiences I will have over the next four months, and I will try my best to share them all with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment